- Lower Cost
- Inexpensive Tooling
- Repeatable Performance - controlled porosity
- Chemically Resistant - to most acids, bases, solvents and hydrocarbons
- Excellent Corrosion Resistance
- High Purity - FDA/USDA approved resins
- High Strength, Light Weight - friendly to assembly requirements
- Dual Filtration Capabilities - acts as both a surface and depth filter
- Hydrophilic, Hydrophobic, or Self-Sealing Properties
Benefits of GenPore’s Porous-Poly
GenPore's Porous-Poly is a free-sintered material that produces porous plastic products with excellent filtration efficiency of fine solid particulate combined with excellent flowability of liquids and gases. Controlled particle size distribution and a precise temperature cycle are used to produce a wide range of interconnected cell structures and specific pore size ranges. These pore structures are designed and controlled to function in a variety of applications such as filtering, wicking, diffusing or venting gases, and sound muffling.
Porous-Poly is naturally hydrophobic, however, the material can be treated to produce hydrophilic properties allowing wicking of aqueous solutions. In addition, special formulations of Porous-Poly can act as a self-sealing material in the presence of aqueous solutions.
Porous plastics retain most of the physical properties of their solid counterparts, but also offer a unique set of properties. The unique "tortuous filtration path" of the material produces high filtration efficiency combining the properties of both surface and depth filters. Porous plastics have excellent resiliency, high physical strength and light weight providing a rugged easily handled part. Filtration efficiencies of 99.8% can be achieved.